Friday, July 15, 2011

Kung Fu Ashton??

Ashton was enrolled in karate! He attends at the WestWind Karate School here in Sandy, UT. He goes to class twice a week and so far LOVES it. On his first day, the sensei asked everyone to bow and introduce themselves. When it got to Ashton's turn he proudly announced that his name was "Poe" and followed it with a bow. "Poe" is the panda on one of his favorite movies "Kung Fu Panda". I'm sure the sensei has never had that happen in his dojo and thought it quite hilarious, but since the class focuses on learning respect he had to explain to Ashton that in their karate class they should not joke. The "funny" thing is that Ashton was dead serious. He was not joking. He had full intentions of being referred to as his favorite martial arts character!
We think this will be a great experience for him, and we love the idea of him being more physically active.



Here's my side note. I have mentioned before that I need to stop taking camera phone pics, but at karate I took my real camera only to have every single one look terrible. Blurry, too bright, bad color. What the heck right? Maybe it was the lighting, who knows. I will mess around with the adjustments on it and see if I can get it taking better photos for me, that or get a new camera :)

No comments: